Just as you would when hiring a local moving company, it is essential to ask the right questions from long distance movers. After all, these two types of moves are different, and because of that, you need to focus on getting specific information. When you hire someone to transport your possessions from one city or state to another, you want to feel confident that you chose the right company.
When researching long-distance moving and storage companies, ask the following questions:
- What qualifications do you have? – The answer to this question will provide you tremendous insight into what you can expect. As an example, a moving company with IOMI certification shows that it follows strict guidelines and, in response, is in good standing. This company ensures that every customer receives stellar results and completes the move in the estimated time.
- How many years has the company existed? A moving company with years of experience has incredible knowledge. When asking this question, be specific about the company’s history in handling long-distance moves.
- What experience and training does the staff have? – A key component of any successful long-distance moving company is the employees. Besides experience, you want to hire movers who have gone through extensive training. As a result, they know how to handle each aspect of your move while maintaining professionalism. If you want to have the company pack and unpack your goods, make sure it has a specialized team capable of handling the job.
- What additional services do you offer, including storage? – Along with packing and unpacking, you may need further assistance. In that case, you want movers qualified for the service that you choose such as disconnecting and reconnecting IT server equipment, disassembling and reassembling furniture, transporting recreational vehicles, and more. If you need to put items in storage, the mover should have a clean and secure facility.
- What are your rates? – The price you pay may not always represent the quality of services. As an example, some of the best affordable moving companies outperform those that charge high rates. Although you want to spend as little as possible, base your decision on a company’s reputation, services, professionalism, and so on.
These questions are just a few examples of what you want to ask any long-distance moving company on your short list. The goal is to get as much information as you can so that you can ultimately select the best company based on your needs.