We, as a reputable moving company, are here to offer some advice and tips about your next move.
- Ensure there is adequate parking for the moving van.
- Arrange elevator times for both your origin and your destination.
- Empty dresser drawers.
- If possible, remove glass shelves from cabinets.
- Secure lids tightly on all liquids.
- Defrost and clean fridges and freezers prior to moving day.
- Tape open foodstuff boxes and bag them in plastic grocery bags for extra security.
- Bundle brooms, mops, skis and garden tools together for easy handling.
- Arrange to have ice makers, gas appliances, chandeliers and grandfather clocks serviced prior to moving day.
- Secure loose cords with garbage bag ties and take them with you.
- Take jewelry, valuable or fragile items, unwrapped floor lamps, currency, documents, collections, etc. (see above), pets and any open cartons in your own vehicle.
- Mark all boxes and especially the “need-right-away-items” for when you arrive (toiletries, snacks, etc). Include a “special” box with a new game or book for each of the little ones to keep them occupied and give them something to look forward to). Plan to eat out, or order your meal in – for the first night. Ask your consultant for more tips to make yours a smooth efficient move!