Although you might be tempted to hire the first moving company you come across, that can be a big mistake. Before locking into a formal contract, you need to consider several factors. Most Toronto movers offer similar services, but that does not mean the caliber is the same. Spending time going over certain factors will ensure you make the right decision.
To ensure a seamless move, be careful about the company that you hire to move your belongings. Regardless if you are interested in local or long distance moving companies, making a well-informed decision is critical.
- Identify the Right Kind of Moving Company – Determine the type of movers that you need. For instance, if you have a significant amount of furniture, then you should consider furniture movers in Toronto. However, if your household consists of multiple kinds of items, then a more generalized company will suffice.
- Company Reputation – The reputation of moving companies is another consideration. You want to check out references, read customer feedback online, and view onsite businesses like Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau to see if a company has any open complaints, and if so, what kind and how many. A little research goes a long way in learning about a company’s reputation.
- Experience – Although some newer moving companies do an exceptional job, you should consider those with experience. Find out the number of years they have been in business. Also, inquire about the types of add-on services available, as well as their expertise in dealing with stairs, elevators, tight street parking, and other factors as applicable.
- Insurance and License – When it comes to hiring a professional moving company, you should never cut corners on insurance protection and formal licensing. While movers offer different types of insurance, look for one with full replacement value. That way, anything damaged or destroyed is replaced at the value of what it would cost today. As for licensing, only hire a company that possesses proper licensing. If something were to go wrong with an unlicensed mover, you would have little to no recourse in recouping financial loss.
- Moving Prices – Although pricing is not one of the main criteria, it is nonetheless important. Even if you have to spend a little more for high caliber service, it is worth it. However, some professional movers offer competitive pricing without compromising on the quality of services offered.
Serving the Greater Toronto Area, Tower Moving is a top choice. Our team of professional movers is 100 percent dedicated to the customer’s satisfaction. Please call us or visit our website for more information.