Finding the best moving companies in Toronto does not occur by happenstance but through careful planning and research. If you want to identify superior Toronto movers, you can by making the right decisions. For a guarantee of outstanding services and an affordable price, consider the secrets mentioned below.
- Get Referrals – One secret for finding the best moving companies is by getting referrals from trusted individuals, whether family members, friends, neighbors, or co-workers. If someone you know had a positive moving experience with a particular company, you will, too.
- Pay Attention to Details – Sometimes, people get in such a hurry to hire professional movers that they overlook critical details. By planning your move two to three months out, there is no need to rush when making decisions. Also, to ensure a stress-free moving experience, read past customer reviews, check ratings through the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List, and take time to look at a company’s history. All of that combined will help you narrow down your choices.
- Proper Licensing – For a legitimate moving company to operate, it must maintain proper licensing. As the potential customer, you have both the right and responsibility to verify that a company meets this criterion.
- On-Site Estimate – When looking for a top moving company, make sure that you can get an on-site estimate. In this case, a representative will come to your home or business to assess the type and quantity of items involved. There are two primary types, nonbinding and binding. A nonbinding estimate is not a formal contract but a document that includes both a ballpark price and information as to your rights. On the other hand, a binding estimate is a contract. Always demand a “Binding Not to Exceed,” which means the estimate cannot get changed.
- Rogue Moving Companies – By looking for the signs of a rogue moving company, you can separate the good from the bad. With a rogue company, once you agree to a low-balled price, your office items get loaded onto a truck and are held hostage until you agree to pay more. A rogue moving company will refuse to provide an on-site estimate, offer a price that seems “too good to be true,” have a website but no physical address, and offer no information about licensing and insurance. Also, it will not use an actual company name when answering the phone and claim that everything has protection under its insurance.
Tower Moving and Storage is a premier source for both residential and commercial moving services. For more information, please visit us online or call us today.