When searching for logistics companies in Toronto that you can trust, you first want to consider both the pros and cons associated with each. By comparing the two, you will have a much easier time making the right selection, while feeling 100 percent confident in your choice.
As you compile a list of logistics companies in Canada worth consideration, you may come across many referred to as Canadian 3PL companies. This is the abbreviation used as part of the logistics and supply chain management system, and thereby valid. Ultimately, the goal is to determine the benefits opposed to drawbacks for the top contenders.
- Potential Cost Savings – Canadian 3PL companies usually offer notable savings to manufacturers. In fact, many can reduce the cost of transportation by 5 percent for companies that do not operate their own shipping departments, and up to 25 percent for those that do.
- International Responsibility – Taking on international responsibilities is without doubt, one of the biggest headaches for companies that do not utilise top logistics companies in Toronto. However, when hiring a logistics company, it is responsible for dealing with all types of federal government regulations pertaining to overseas shipments, as well as customs and other factors.
- Fulfillment Management – Not only do the top logistics companies in Toronto ship goods around the world, they maintain warehouses as part of their fulfillment management duties. In other words, goods being prepared to move from one country to another have a soft-landing place in a well maintained and secure warehouse facility that is either owned and/or operated by the logistics company.
- Lost Control – Although not necessarily negative, you may feel slightly uncomfortable giving full control of your goods to a shipping and logistics company. The risk is that even if a small error is made, it could have serious ramifications to you as the customer, but also your customers. This is one reason why some businesses prefer to work with more traditional trucking companies in Mississauga, opposed to logistics companies.
- Locked Out Knowledge – When having a logistics company handle your shipping needs, there is a chance that your logistical team could lose some relevant marketing knowledge. With that knowledge lost, it might prove difficult to bring shipping functionality back in-house.
Regardless of the type of service that you need, trucking versus logistics and fulfillment management, we can help. Tower Moving is dedicated to every customer served. You can learn more about our innovative services by visiting our website, or contact us by phone to speak to a representative.