While some people automatically discount smaller moving companies, that is not necessarily the best course of action. In reality, small movers in Toronto are the better choice compared to large corporations in many circumstances. However, there are also a few drawbacks worth noting. If you are searching for reputable single-item movers or even cheap Toronto movers, the information provided will help you make the right decision.
Pros of Smaller Moving Companies
- Outstanding Services – Small moving companies in Mississauga are beneficial in several ways. For example, because smaller movers have to go up against large competitors, they do everything within their means to provide exemplary services.
- Affordable Pricing – These companies are more willing to have an affordable pricing structure. In many instances, this includes military discounts, senior citizen discounts, and more. In fact, since many small moving companies are family owned and operated, they avoid red tape when it comes to reducing prices or offering unique incentives. Something else to consider is that overhead is much lower for smaller companies, which equates to better customer pricing.
- Long-Lasting Relationships – Owners and employees of smaller moving companies tend to go out of their way to get to know their customers on a personal level. With strong business relationships comes a greater sense of confidence and trust.
- Flexibility – The majority of large companies have a set list of unbendable rules and regulations. In comparison, smaller moving companies have fewer policies and procedures, giving them the ability to negotiate easier when necessary.
Cons of Smaller Moving Companies
- Equipment – While some of the top-rated smaller moving companies that serve the Greater Toronto Area have all of the specialized equipment they need, others do not. That means that some of these businesses are not in a position to take on more challenging moves.
- Response Time – Typically, people who own and work for smaller moving companies go out of their way to provide customers and prospects with a quick response. However, with less support staff, sometimes a response does not come fast enough.
As you can see, there are both benefits and potential risks of hiring a small moving company. Although Tower Moving is not one of the largest in the business, we strive to meet, if not exceed, all of our customers’ expectations. Along with moving, we offer a host of other related services. Please visit our website to learn more or contact a representative today by phone.