The following checklist will help you get ready for the professional movers to do their job.
- Research – Research at least three strong candidates to assist with your move. For all three, check references, company history, years of experience, level of expertise, services provided, and pricing. By making comparisons, you can then select the right residential packing and moving company.
- Budget – As part of planning, you need to know your budget. That way, you can determine if you want to utilize partial or full services.
- Time Off from Work – You will also need to take a few days off from work, giving you the time necessary to make preparations for the moving company to arrive and transport your goods.
- Tossing, Donating, Recycling – Instead of hauling everything that you own to your new address, consider tossing, donating, and recycling as much as you can. To make this process easier, set up boxes labeled for the three options. Go room by room, placing items in the appropriate boxes. Not only will this save you money on the move, but it will also take less of a toll on the movers. Overall, you will feel good about getting rid of, donating, and recycling things that you no longer want or need.
- Proper Planning – After purging items, you can then start the packing process. Always purchase or locate sturdy boxes. You also need packing material, tape, a permanent marker, and labels.
- Packing Tips – Make sure that you pack items according to each room. As a result, the professional moving team can put all of the boxes in the respective rooms at your new home. Also, never overpack boxes. Even though the movers will do the heavy lifting, you want to make it easy on them and prevent the bottom of the box from falling out. Along with standard bubble wrap and packing paper, you can always wrap anything breakable and delicate in blankets, sweaters, sweatshirts, towels, sheets, and so on.
Tower Moving can help with all aspects of your upcoming move. For outstanding services from a trusted source, you can always count on us. Please give us a call or check us out online to learn more.