- Hire the Right Company – As mentioned, whether looking at large or small movers in Toronto, the first step when moving in the summer is to make sure you hire the right company. Movers with experience know the right way to do things – especially on a hot day.
- Refreshments – Movers usually bring water, but as a kind gesture, have cold bottled water and snacks handy so the moving crew can hydrate and fuel the body as they do their jobs. Something as minor as offering refreshments will go a long way in creating a pleasant experience for everyone.
- Patience – Although you want your belongings packed, loaded onto the moving truck, and transported quickly, remember the movers are lifting heavy objects and making multiple trips on your behalf. For that reason, show patience if they stop to take a break more often than you think they should. The last thing you want is someone becoming sick from heat exhaustion.
- Clear Path – If you have grass in front of your home or business, have someone cut it a few days before the movers arrive. Also, clear any items from the walkway and porch so the Toronto movers can maneuver quickly, efficiently, and safely. For instance, make sure bikes, toys, donation boxes, planters, and anything else are out of the way.
- Packing – Unless you plan to use the mover’s professional packing services, you need to have everything ready to go. In other words, have all boxes filled, sealed, and labeled. Having your possessions packed means the movers can start working right away. Since most moving companies try to schedule early morning moves during the summer, having everything ready to load helps the crew finish before the outside temperature becomes unbearable.
Our professional team at Tower Moving & Storage would love the opportunity to help provide you with a smooth summertime move. Please visit our website or call to learn more or schedule an appointment.