When using professional moving services, it never hurts to gain insight into the right way of protecting delicate and fragile furniture. That way, you have the assurance that the right people do the work correctly so that during loading, transport, and unloading, every piece has full protection.
For both local moving services and long-distance moving services, you can pay a nominal price to have highly recommended experts deal with your furniture. As professional and trained individuals, they will take all necessary precautions to ensure that every piece of furniture arrives in pristine condition.
- Carrying Furniture – When watching a team of experts, you will notice they carry furniture high and low. With this unique technique, they can perfectly balance heavier items, thereby reducing the risk of dropping or damaging something. Especially when going down a flight of stairs, this is an excellent way to maintain control of delicate and fragile furniture.
- Proper Fit – Before moving any furniture piece, the professionals will measure the item, as well as doorways. As a result, they can determine the best exit and entry point. That also helps them know whether they should disassemble anything. Sometimes, the solution to a tight doorway involves nothing more than removing the door and hinges.
- Wrapping Protection – Using high-quality bubble wrap, packing material, and pads, the movers will carefully wrap each piece of your furniture to prevent dents or scratches. Before that, the team will secure all doors and drawers, preventing them from opening or swinging out. When moving in the rain, a plastic tarp goes over the pieces for added.
- Boxes – Depending on the piece of delicate or fragile furniture involved, the movers may choose to box it. In that case, they use wooden crates designed explicitly for furniture. Whether boxing items or not, the movers will wrap each piece for optimal protection.
- Organization – Instead of randomly loading onto the truck, the team gauges the size and placement to ensure the furniture does not shift during transport. With excellent organization skills, the movers can also get more inside the truck, which could save you money in the long-run.
A few tips for both local and long distance moving companies go a long way in getting delicate and fragile furniture from one location to another. By hiring the right company, you have peace of mind that your items are in capable hands.